Are you often confused about how to combine shirts and pants of different colors to look smart and put-together?
If you constantly struggle with choosing the right color combination for shirts and pants, you are not alone. Even if you have a good sense of color, it isn’t always easy to pair colors to get a balanced look. Fortunately, we can help.
In this style guide from Shoprapy, we will look at the best color combinations for shirts and pants that are guaranteed to work well.
Check it out, so you are never unsure of how to mix and match your clothes again!
Best colors to pair with navy blue
Most men will have at least one pair of navy trousers. You may also have a navy blazer or shirt.
When pairing navy with other colors, remember that this dark hue just doesn’t work with all colors. You should pair it with light shades that contrast or complement blue.
Here are some suggestions.
- White shirts with navy pants form a smart and classic combination.
- Soft hues like pink and light blue look great with navy pants
Best colors to pair with beige
Beige is a soft, versatile color that goes well with most light and dark shades. Avoid pairing it with brown as it can end up looking shabby and dull. Instead, try these combinations.
- Beige pants work with crisp light colors like white, sky blue and light yellow.
- Beige also looks good with deep shades like navy blue, black and bottle green
Best colors to pair with brown
Remember that brown is a tricky color to style. When choosing color combination for shirts and pants in brown, consider the exact shade of brown to match it properly. The following options work well.
- Pair dark brown with light colors like white or light blue
- Most shades of brown complement rich, solid hues like dark blue, deep green or black
Best colors to pair with black
Black is one of the most versatile colors for pants and shirts, as it goes well with neutrals, light and dark shades. However, to appear super-stylish, we suggest the following combinations.
- Pair black with pastels like peach, baby pink or lavender for a sophisticated effect.
- Saturated colors like red and Prussian blue will create a bold look with black
Best colors to pair with grey
Grey is another tricky color that looks terrible when paired with the wrong colors. The trick is to look at how dark or light the shade is and pair it accordingly. These combinations work best.
- Dark greys look good with white, light pink, blue and yellow
- Dark greys also go with black, wine-red and navy blue
- Grey on grey is a striking monochrome combination
Finding the best color combination for shirts and pants involves a lot of mixing and matching. This guide from Shoprapy gives you a starting point to build your own combinations and get the mix right.